At Audley Junior School, we are very lucky to benefit from fantastic sports' facilities including: a SPACE building, an astroturf, P.E halls and a playing field.
The children have access to a wide range of school sports' clubs and competitions both in and out of school.
Sports' Premium Funding 2016-2017
WE HAVE BEEN AWARDED THE SAINSBURY'S SCHOOL GAMES SILVER AWARD FOR OUR COMMITMENT TO AND DEVELOPMENT OF COMPETITION, SCHOOL SPORT AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION.
Sports Premium Update April 2016
For the academic year 2015-2016, the government provided additional funding to improve provision of PE and sport in primary schools. So far we have put this money to use by:
- Renewal of the sports agreement which enables us to participate in a wide range of inter-school competitions.
- Provision of after school clubs to increase participation in sport and competition.
- We have provided CPD in gymnastics for three NQTs.
- CPD provided for the PE subject leader in the new scheme of work.
- We have subsidised travel expenses to and from competitions.
- We have purchased new equipment to help differentiate lessons and replaced old equipment.
- Membership into the Boccia association in order to compete in the Boccia tournament.
- A range of alternative and exciting activities provided during healthy week, including, archery, a mini gym, smoothie bike education pack and classes delivered by experienced personal trainers.
- First Aid training provided for the staff leading the Outdoor Education residential.
- Transport subsidised for the residential.
- Subsidised a new cricket kit for the school team.
- Training provided for the children and welfare staff in the Playleader scheme.
- We have attended many of the events on the Blackburn with Darwen competition calendar.
- Improved subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching of gymnastics.
- Participation in the Boccia tournament enabling children with physical disabilities to compete.
- A fun filled, exciting Healthy Week and facilitation of the residential will encourage the long term participation in sport and a healthy lifestyle.
- Greater intra sport competition organised by the Playleaders and Sport's Ambassadors.
- Provide training and team teaching opportunities for staff in invasion games enabling lessons to be broken down into individual skills.
- Provide a wider range of after school clubs using qualified coaches.
SPORTS PREMIUM UPDATE OCTOBER 2015
We have again joined the BPSSA (Blackburn primary school sport association) which allows us to compete against other schools in the borough in various sporting events. In addition to this, we have bought into the Basic Competition Service Level Agreement. This increases the number of competitions we can enter and gives us staff training opportunities to further enhance our P.E curriculum.
In October 2015, two of out year 6 pupils, Matthew and Nabil, attended a Young Ambassadors training course at St. Bedes High School. They learnt how to lead sporting activities at lunchtimes and they will work with the P.E. coordinators to implement these activities with the other children in school.
This year, further sports premium funding will go towards hiring Anne Preston, a P.E. consultant, to work with staff and children to improve their skill level in invasion games. Furthermore, supply cover will be paid for to enable teachers to work alongside Emma Cliffe, Head of P.E. at BCHS. This will result in a scheme of work for invasion games being produced for each year group.
Throughout the year we will be measuring and reporting on the impact on pupils' participation rates in competitive sport, the impact on pupils' skill level and the impact on pupils' health and wellbeing.
SPORTS PREMIUM UPDATE MARCH 2015
With the Government grant for PE we have: employed dance and gymnastic specialist teachers who have worked with the children to improve their skills. We have also purchased a new gymnastics climbing frame to match the new sports’ hall floor.
Twenty Ipads (installed with new PE apps) and a SMART tv are now available to use in PE lessons to help the children evaluate their performances.
LOOK AT OUR AMAZING EQUIPMENT!
The government has announced new funding for school sport and Physical Education.
We have used our funding to:
- Employ a specialist dance teacher to work alongside staff, training them to deliver dance lessons with increased confidence and competence and providing them with detailed dance units of work.
- Update our gymnastics equipment and purchase a fantastic new climbing frame.
- Buy into the BWD competition and events calendar which provides the opportunity to compete against other schools, share good practice, facilities and resources.
- Provide off-site PE training for staff to increase their skill level and confidence.
In the near future, we are going to use our funding to:
- Develop the use of ICT within PE lessons through purchasing ipads, Apple tv, a SMART tv, charging stations and appropriate PE applications(Apps).
- Employ a specialist gymnastic teacher to deliver INSET, to work alonside staff, training them to deliver gymnastic lessons with inceased confidence and competence and help develop their planning of gymnastics.
Here are our new Sports' Councillors.
We will meet half termly to discuss Physical Education(PE) throughout the school.
Look out for us....we will be wearing our new badges.